Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Maui 2008: SeaWatch

SeaWatch Restaurant on Wailea Gold Course was rated as one of the best breakfast places in the area. Great ocean / golf course view, warm ocean breeze, indeed made this a wonderful breakfast destination.

The waiter greeted us with a friendly smile, asked what we'd like to drink, and said, "I just brewed fresh 100% kona coffee that i strongly recommend." That alone made the coffee sound so good I had to give it a try. He returned with a beautiful silver pot with a long stout and poured us two cups of coffee.

Bob ordered one of the local favorites, and again, strongly recommended by our waiter (he was Filipino and said this dish is perfect for people who love Asian flavors)

-Loco Moco – rice with gravy and over easy eggs -- delicious and definitely very filling. I tried this at Big Island Steakhouse (on Big Island), and this completely beats that 100%.

I ordered the Crabcake Benedict, because I am a HUGE fan of benedicts, and was addicted to ordering seafood in Maui -- unfortunately this was not as exceptional, slightly overly creamy, but still good. Loved the potatoes it came with – crisp, fresh, and nicely seasoned. P.S., I don't like the tacky looking drizzle either.

We also tried their Southwest Beans / Sausage Soup - nice, hearty, soothing soup

Highlight was definitely our waiter, who made this one of our BEST waiter experience in a long while. He was very conversational in a comfortably fun way, and passionate about particular must-order dishes. I'm not one to typically carry conversations with strangers, but I almost felt like I made a new friend, because I really enjoyed listening to his information on Maui real estate, rental properties, Oprah, etc etc...

SeaWatch (on Gold Course of Wailea)
100 Wailea Golf Club Drive
Wailea, HI 96753

No comments: