Monday, June 28, 2010

Joy Yee

Bobcat was very reluctant about going to Joy Yee, but I insisted because I found out they make Hainan Chicken. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dish, and really wanted to try their version.

We also decided to try their thai-style chicken in lettuce wrap. This tasted ok, but it wasn't thai whatsoever. The portion was huge (should've known, since the price was $10 or so). We didn't even come close to putting a dent on this dish.

My hainan chicken! It wasn't on the menu, but the waiter said they do offer it. I LOVE the juicy chicken dripping flavored rice! I just wish they had that mixed tomato dish on the side that we usually dip the chicken in. Or I at least wish the tomatoes next to this chicken was more ripe.
The hubby decided to try their tom yum noodle dish. This was pretty good, he enjoyed it.
watermelon smoothie w/ tapioca -- Joy Yee makes great smoothies, and I LOVE the chewy tapioca. I tried to be healthier & requested no simple syrup...but it really isn't the same w/out that sugary addition.

Joy Yee Noodle

joyyee.com
1163 East Ogden Avenue
Naperville, IL 60563-8535
(630) 579-6800

No comments: