Monday, June 28, 2010

Grotto

Grotto was surprisingly delicious (didn't expect much from a strip mall generic looking exterior). fresh ingredients, great flavors. our waiter was nice, but he claimed the gratuity (for the two of us) was automatically calculated by the computer (we used http://restaurant.com coupon). I didn't question it, but honestly, I did not believe it either. I somewhat understand since there seems to be a lot of cheap people that calculate tip via the total AFTER discounts instead of BEFORE. But it also kind of sucks that the waiter assumed that'd be us.. because it isn't. we would've given him more.

Grotto's Famous Chicken Vesuvio with olive oil, white wine, special seasonings $18
Tender chicken, slightly greasy. Not a fan of huge potato wedges.

Pasta Marinara w/ clams - $21.00

This was right up my alley... LOVED the flavorful sauce, fresh clams... awesome.

I don't remember what soup this was, but I remember it being good.

Oysters were very fresh! $1.75/pc.

Grotto Oak Brook

3011 Butterfield Rd
Oak Brook, IL 60523
(630) 571-5700

No comments: