Monday, June 28, 2010

Bobcat & I slept over at a friend's house in Vernon Hills, and wanted to grab a bite before meeting our family for golf (father's day). I used my Yelp app to find this local joint down the street.

It's a small space. More people seem to carry out than eat in. I was hoping to find enticing bakery items to purchase, but nothing stood out.

We did order some delicious brunch items though.

Their tuna niçoise sandwich was refreshing, nice balance of fresh veggies, olives, tuna. It's canned tuna...but it's good.

This is their creative to-go sandwich that's supposed to have turkey sausage & egg inside. We ended up being too full, so I gave this to Bobcat's brother.

I got their veggie omelette with potatoes. Everything was prepared nicely, but the veggie omelette lacked flavor, which is surprising since it was pretty cheesy. I would've rather skipped the cheese and added a bit of salt.


They had a good selection of tea leaves, and this is how they present it. Creative, cute, I liked it.
Green Prairie Bakery & Cafe
279 Evergreen Drive
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
(847) 918-7005

No comments: