Monday, June 28, 2010

Bobcat & I slept over at a friend's house in Vernon Hills, and wanted to grab a bite before meeting our family for golf (father's day). I used my Yelp app to find this local joint down the street.

It's a small space. More people seem to carry out than eat in. I was hoping to find enticing bakery items to purchase, but nothing stood out.

We did order some delicious brunch items though.

Their tuna ni├žoise sandwich was refreshing, nice balance of fresh veggies, olives, tuna. It's canned tuna...but it's good.

This is their creative to-go sandwich that's supposed to have turkey sausage & egg inside. We ended up being too full, so I gave this to Bobcat's brother.

I got their veggie omelette with potatoes. Everything was prepared nicely, but the veggie omelette lacked flavor, which is surprising since it was pretty cheesy. I would've rather skipped the cheese and added a bit of salt.


They had a good selection of tea leaves, and this is how they present it. Creative, cute, I liked it.
Green Prairie Bakery & Cafe
279 Evergreen Drive
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
(847) 918-7005

No comments: