Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yolk

I am a super-duper eggs-lover!! So when I saw the name "Yolk" pop up near my hood, I had to give it a try.

On Yolk's web site:
Come in and experience our newest concept, Yolk. , which pushes the envelope with new and creative breakfasts, specialty juices, and our own private labeled premium coffee. As soon as you walk in this new south loop hot spot, you will not only see but also feel and later taste the difference! With a unique menu and exceptional service in a professionally designed interior,
Yolk. clearly stands above the rest.

I ordered:

Fresh Squeezed Strawberry-Orange Juice

EGGS BENEDICT FLORENTINE
Two poached eggs atop an english muffin with fresh sautéed spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Topped with our homemade hollandaise sauce. Served with red diced potatoes and fruit.

egg-white omelette (forgot what kind)

The juice was indeed fresh and delicious, side of fruits were plentiful and fresh. The dishes itself were well-portioned, solidly made, but nothing over-the-top impressive. I'd return just to try something else on their extensive menu, especially if I'm in the mood for breakfast food close-by. But it's not something I'd strongly recommend someone to make a trip for.

Yolk
1120 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 789-9655

http://www.yolk-online.com/

No comments: